Why I am Doing This Blog.  

Posted by Roger Lunn in

Source: Wikipedia

Even before by step-father Allen passed away I became interested in the family history. According to the family story story teller Aunt Phylis my great grandfather Linneaus Wheaton Lunn was descended from Eliza Baily Wheaton who stated Wheaton College in Norton, MA. And on the other side of the family the Phillips family was descended from King Phillip the Indian who's father Massasoit was the guest of honor at the first thanksgiving.

All of this seemed very fascinating to say the least. It seem at least like a family that spanned back several hundred years of American history. But even though I was interested in this history I never took five minutes to every verify a single story or claim spun by the family story teller.

Not until I lost both my parents within about a 18 month span of time and nearly lost my own life that I began my quest to pursue the truth of the family history. As I began my pursuit I discovered that Phylis was wrong on both counts of family ancestry and clueless about an even more amazing history that blows any of these other ideas out of the water.

What I discovered was that my Step-father Allen was a decedent of two of the most famous of all the pilgrims who came over on the Mayflower, John Alden and Priscilla Mullins who met on the Mayflower and married in Plymouth shortly after arriving.

So I am actively pursuing information about the following list of families among others. The families are: Lunn, Phillips, Dean / Deane, Guild, Newcomb, Copeland, Bass, Alden, Mullins, Clark / Clarke, Godfrey.

I will use this blog to chronicle my research and to share my findings with the world. I would love to hear from anyone who has info on any of these families or others that will be discussed. I would also appreciate feedback from those with suggestions as to the next steps to take on any dead ends.


Thanks.

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 at 2:15 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Roger, I do have some information on Linneaus W Lunn and the Guild family. It is not organized yet but hoping to do it soon. I show that Peter Lunn was a bookkeeper but do not show him living with Catherine Guild Lunn (age35) and Linneaus Wheaton Lunn(age 11) in Newton, MA in the 1870 census, enumerated with them was Susanna H. Rich (age42) sister to Catherine. 1880 census shows Peter Lunn widowed living in the McLeod Hotel in Brockton, Plymouth, MA

August 4, 2008 at 8:10 PM

Roger
some of your distant Lunn cousins will be in Easton/Mansfield the last weekend of May 2009. would love to meet you and your family.
contact Barbara Lunn Miller. I lost your email address. blmiller@psis.umass.edu

May 21, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Post a Comment